Q: When is a building permit needed?
A: Any time that you are constructing an addition, renovating an existing structure or building a new structure a permit will be required. In addition if the accessory structure is less than 100 square feet a permit will not be required but it must meet the setback requirements of the ordinance. Please call Adam Hartwig, Zoning Officer, at 724-816-4880.

Q: Whom do I contact regarding on lot sewage questions?
A: Doug Duncan is the appointed Township Sewage Enforcement Officer and he can be reached at (724) 679-4860.

Q: Where do I send a request for a Municipal No Lien Letter?
A: Your request can be made to Winfield Township at 194 Brose Road, Cabot, PA 16023 along with the information pertaining to the property in question and a self addressed stamped envelope. Also include a check payable to Winfield Township for $15.

Q: How can I find what zoning district I am located in?
A: We have a link to an official zoning map on the web site, but if for any reason you need further assistance please contact Zoning Officer, Adam Hartwig, at 724-816-4880 or during normal office hours.

Q: How do I register to vote, change party or vote by absentee?
A: For further information call Butler County Bureau of elections 724-274-5309.

Q: What is the tax rate?
A: Township tax information can be found on our site either by clicking here.

Q: When does the Board of Supervisors meet?
A: The Board meets the last Thursday of each month beginning at 7:00 p.m. This may vary when there is a holiday. The Planning Commission meets the first Wednesday of each month beginning at 7:30 p.m.

Q: When I have a road problem what should I do?
A: Contact the road department to report potholes or any other road hazard that you may be experiencing (724) 352-9544.

Q: Do I need a soliciting permit to sell goods door to door?
A: Yes, applications for a soliciting permit can be obtained under the permits section of the web site, and are required to peddle goods, door to door or out of a roadside stand.

Q: What do we do if we have a stray dog at our home?
A: Contact the Winfield Township Animal Control Officer, Dennis Sybert at (724) 352-4732.

Q: Is there a recycling program in the township?
A: Recycling is voluntary. Bins are available at the municipal building for $4.00. Pickup of recyclables is based on your refuse hauler’s schedule.

Q: What is the Winfield Township PSD (Political Subdivision Code) Code?
A: The Act 32 PSD (Political Subdivision Code) Code for Winfield Township, Butler County, is 100705.